“Financiamiento Alterno Seguro
para Pequeños Negocios e Individuos”
San Diego Affordable Credit Forum in Spanish
- Date: Thursday, October 08, 2020
- Time: 10a.m. – 12:15pm PST
- Details and Registration: https://cvent.me/bVWD1l
The FDIC, in collaboration with CDC Small Business Finance, National City Chamber Foundation and other local key community organizations, is conducting a webinar forum in Spanish to connect credit technical assistance providers, and safe/affordable non-traditional small business and consumer lenders with bankers and community-based organizations.
This event is designed to promote access to affordable credit for Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs and households limited by language and cultural barriers, through referral relationships and partnerships that result in actual credit education and loans to language-challenged Latinos.
We invite you to join us on Thursday, October 08, 2020 at 10am PST.
Please use the active link below to review the event’s agenda and to register.
10:00am Opening Remarks, Steve De Jesus – FDIC Community Affairs Specialist
10:15am Resources to Expand Access to Small Businesses & Consumers Credit:
Small business and consumer credit agencies share technical assistance resources and provide partnership opportunities to expand affordable lending within Spanish-speaking communities.
- Get in Motion Entrepreneurs – Armando Ehrenzweig
- San Diego & Imperial SBDC Network – Daniel Fitzgerald
- San Diego and Imperial Women’s Business Center – Katty Ibarra
- Credit.Org – Jennifer Rodriguez
- California Southern FDC – Juan Carlos Lopes Hernandez
11:00am Safe & Affordable Non-traditional Financing: Affordable non-bank lenders discuss their lending programs for small businesses and consumers, and provide opportunities to establish partnerships with banks and community entities.
Benefit for bankers: Retaining and grow deposits; receive back prospects referred once ready for traditional financing; receive CRA consideration for funding and/or collaborating on community development lending activities
- Opportunity Fund – Mayra Contreras
- Mission Driven Finance – Andrew Moncada
- ACCION San Diego – Maria Partida
- CDC Small Business Finance Corp – Susan Lamping
- Self-Help Credit Union – Adriana Enloe
- MyPoint Credit Union – Adriana Brunner
12:00pm Networking Session: Volunteered expression of interest from attendees to further discuss partnerships and referral opportunities with presenters.
12:15pm Next Steps and Closing Remarks.
FDIC event produced in collaboration with CDC Small Business Finance, National City Chamber Foundation, Credit.Org and other local key community organizations.